Monday, March 9, 2009

Mary Martha


"Christ in the House of Mary and Martha," Photo by Jan Vermeer, 1981.
http://www.essentialvermeer.com/catalogue/christ_in_the_house_of_mary_and_martha.html

Mary Martha
(Luke 10:38-42)


sitting at your feet
working at your service
listening, waiting, wanting
working, buzzing, worrying, wanting
loving, dining, caring, living
living, caring, dining, loving
serving . . . alone
working, striving, earning
loosing you in serving you
distractions . . . help me!
rest will bless me
worried. . . troubled
one thing needed
Mary conceded
Martha, concur
in my heart God, you stir
the good and chosen part
may I not depart
Mary resting
Martha’s missed blessing
lonely, waiting
sitting, facing
my heart racing
waking . . . resting


© 2009, Robbie Pruitt

No comments:

Post a Comment