Monday, May 3, 2010

Call

Call
(From Ezekiel 1-3)

the Heavens opened
I saw visions
of God
by the river
in the Lord’s Hand
I was held
the Whirlwind blew
the Light blinded
. . . and I knew

the Fire kindled
His Hands reached out
the Spirit moved deep within
a raging inferno rose up
from embers of coal
brightly burning
torches and lightening
God’s presence
Holy and frightening

© 2010, Robbie Pruitt


Ezekiel 3:22-24

“God grabbed me by the shoulder and said, “Get up. Go out on the plain. I want to talk with you.” So I got up and went out on the plain. I couldn’t believe my eyes: the Glory of God! Right there! It was like the Glory I had seen at the Kebar River. I fell to the ground, prostrate. Then the Spirit entered me and put me on my feet.”


Bibliography

Peterson, Eugene H.: The Message : The Bible in Contemporary Language. Colorado Springs, Colo. : NavPress, 2002, S. Eze 1-3

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel%201-3&version=MSG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Ezekiel-Vision-Merkaba.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment