Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Eat This Scroll

Photo of Ezekiel from the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican, done between 1508 to 1512, fresco, restored by Michelangelo Buonarroti (1475–1564), captured by Glo Bible Software.

Eat This Scroll
(Ezekiel 3:1-4)

Words of honey
Fill within
Voids of darkness
Saturated in sin
Words of sweetness
A syrupy grin
Scrolls consumed
Like money
Words and speech
Like honey
Stomach filled
With light
A treat
Life giving nutrients
Sugary sweet
Eat this scroll
Son of man
Like meat
Eat what is before you
Consume this life
I implore you

© November 2011, Robbie Pruitt


“Moreover He said to me, “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that scroll. And He said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.” So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness. Then He said to me: “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them.” –Ezekiel 3:1-4

"The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts." -A.W. Tozer, Pursuit of God

No comments:

Post a Comment