Friday, January 4, 2013

Homage

Slanted Halo,” Photo courtesy of Michael Bixler
© December 14, 2012 

Homage

Flicker
Light
Glow
Hope
Slanted
Halo
Silence
Aura  
Woe

Light
In dark palm
Radiance
Faith glows
Slanted Halo
The day goes
Accolade
Tribute  
Hope stayed


© December 14, 2012, Robbie Pruitt


My friend Michael Bixler is an excellent photographer, artist, writer, videographer and “adventurer” who took the photo above. Like much of his work, it captivated me and inspired the poem Homage. Bixler provoked me to poetry with Ghost Lake back in October of 2012 and last November with his photo Late Autumn Epiphany. I am a huge fan of his work and am grateful he allows me to use his art as my muse. To see more of Michael Bixler’s work, click here, here, here, or here.

4 comments:

  1. very cool cascade to your words today...really like the first bit with the single words...very visual for me ...smiled at the tilted halo as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There we go Poet! The photography would certainly compel me to words. You've shared a stunning image and an equally impressive write to accompany it...you work well with this artist! Beautiful, always, when one ends with hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prior attempt at commenting apparently failed. This is lovely! I especially liked "Light In dark palm Radiance"

    ReplyDelete