Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Coffee Bean

Coffee Beans, Photo by Nate Steiner, from Flickr

Coffee Bean

From bean to brew
The roast, the grind,
The water—
It filters through
From cherries on trees
To peaceful aroma and steam
The nectar that puts us at ease


© June 25, 2013, RobbiePruitt


This poem was submitted to Open Link Night at dVerse Poets on Tuesday, July 2, 2013. To see more poems submitted to Open Link Night, please visit the site here. The links will be live at 2 p.m. Central time on Tuesday. Check “Mr. Linky” for this week’s poems.

5 comments:

  1. I love coffee... and a good reminder where it origins. To late for coffee for me now, but roasting and grinding your own is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice petite moment and small ode to the brew's genisis.>KB

    ReplyDelete
  3. i could not live without my coffee....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie, drinking a latte here in the Seattle area as I read this. Your words brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of persons like to drink coffee. I love the photo of coffee beans it's really nice.

    ReplyDelete