Friday, April 15, 2016

Silence


Silence, photo by Sean MacEnteefrom Flickr, Creative Common

This National Poetry Month I will be posting a sequence of poems, written last year and this year, for others in a series called Giving Poetry. In this series, people request a poem using a title, specific words, concepts, or ideas. After writing the poem, I send it to them, posting it on Facebook and on my blog. This is Giving Poetry.

Poem on vibrant and personal worship

Silence: The Words of Worship: for Jim

When my words fail,
I sit in silence
as you sing over me.


© February 5, 2015, Robbie Pruitt


“The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing." –Zephaniah 3:17, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment