Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pine Barren

In The Pines, photo courtesy of Michael Bixler
© March 17, 2013

Pine Barren

Blood cries
From the ground
Desolate
My heart
Pines
Barren
Tall stalks
Tower
Long walks
Buried beneath
Overtures
Bleak


© January 7, 2013, Robbie Pruitt


My friend Michael Bixler is an excellent photographer, artist, writer, videographer and “adventurer” who took the photo above of the Pine Barrens, In The Pines. Like much of his work, this photo captivated me and inspired the poem Pine Barren. Bixler has provoked me to poetry with Motel back in October of 2012, Ghost Lake also in October of 2012, Late Autumn Epiphany last November, and Homage back in December of 2012, I am a huge fan of his work and am grateful he allows me to use his art as my muse. To see more of Michael Bixler’s work, click here, here, or here.

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful muse of your words ~ I specially like the opening words ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much can be read into the space left by the sparsity of your words, Robbie. Even with the picture of the pine forest, my thoughts kept turning to the Boston Marathon atrocity of yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much said within the words..I can feel the pines

    ReplyDelete